Mikel Obi speaks on marriage: “God will decide who I marry”

Mikel Obi speaks on marriage: “God will decide who I marry”

Mikel Obi spoke exclusively on his Chelsea career, playing for the Super Eagles and getting married, in an interesting interview with Kayode Tijani.


Image result for Mikel Obi speaks on marriage
DAY HE WAS INITIATED BY THE CHELSEA BIG BOYS

In Chelsea before each game we always have a motivational speech from one of the members of the team and it takes a MAN to make that kind of speech, and they have been asking me that Mikel you have to start making this speech because you are becoming an important player in the Team, this was in my third season at the Club,, it’s the right time to make the speech they kept reminding me. So I said okay, I am going to give the speech. Interestingly I gave a good speech and we went on to beat Middleborough 5-0 and they all told me that I I am going to be making the speeches every week so that we can be beating every team 5-0. So you know you have been initiated, you have just finished your apprenticeship in the Team and have joined the top guys, you are now an important part of the team, and you know you are a man in the Team. If people like Frank Lampard and John Terry say you are now a man I believe them. Right now I know the expectations of people on me every week, they expect to see me on top of my game, it takes a lot, I have to be prepared for it, rest a lot, concentrate, be focused, and give people what they want to see. From my first game at Chelsea where I almost scored I have developed the confidence I needed to succeed at Chelsea. Yeah its difficult when you play with players like Frank Lampard and Deco and Ballack in the middle, these are quite experienced and world class acts, the best midfield players you can look for anywhere. I think playing with these players I have learnt a lot from them, all of them, I think they make my job easier, much more easier and I make their jobs much more easier for them as well, it’s all about working together and understanding each other and that has made the Chelsea and the Team in general successful over the years. We want to be together, we play together, always looking out for each other.

PRESSURE OF FIRST TEAM SHIRT AT CHELSEA

One thing about me is that I love pressure, I love it when the expectation is highest because when people when people don’t expect things from you, then you get relaxed, I think am on top of my game, I think I am where people want me to be, but when there’s pressure and people want more from you, it makes you it makes me want to improve more everyday. I like the pressure, I like working hard everyday, when I do that and I see it in my game, I am pleased with myself. Well, when Mourinho was here, I use to play as well,but with Scolari I was also playing fairly regularly. Well people always say when Michael Essien returns from injury I won’t be playing regularly, but it doesn’t always work out that way,its football, when Essien then came back it was always the decision of the Coaches and I still get to play regularly. All due respect to Essien, he’s a fantastic player. We missed him those times he was out injured.

RED CARD AGONIES

In my first Season at Chelsea I had two red cards, and in my second year I also had two red cards and when I spoke to people around me I knew something had to change in my game. I think actually it was one of the reasons that stopped me from playing some games in my second season at Chelsea. I was told the Manager was scared to play me because I was consistently picking up yellow cards and red cards. It was quite difficult for them to make that decision, but from the third season I had started mastering reading the game more, I know when to go for tackles and when not to go and hopefully gone now are the days when I get needless cards. No you don’t want to know what goes through my mind when I see the RED Cards shown to me, no you don’t. You just think, oh, your team is going to suffer right now because of your fault, now they will have to play with ten men, you kind of feel bad because at the end of the day it they lose it’s yo

Post a Comment

0 Comments